terça-feira, 13 de maio de 2008

The National - Notes of a concert (agora que já estou mais calma e consigo expressar a histeria)

Muito nervosismo em palco, com vista para uma plateia cheia. Um violino influente. Uma voz personificada numa figura que povoa as mentes femininas. Calor humano que suava por todos os poros.

Eu... fiz os trabalhos de casa.

I
I've been draggin around from the end of you coat for two weeks
And now I'm sorry I missed you
I had a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
Didn't anybody tell you how to gracefull disappear in a room
You get mistaken for strangers by your own friends
Another uninnocent elegant fall into the unmagnificient lives of adults

II
Baby, come over, I need entertaining
I had a stilted, pretending day
Lay me down and say something pretty
Lay me back down where I wanted to stay
Just say something perfect, something I can steal
Say, look at me
Baby, we'll be fine
I wanna hurry home to you
Put on a slow, dumb show for you and crack you up
This isn't working, you, my middlebrow fuck-up
My mind's not right
My mind's not right
My mind's not right

III
You're all humming live wires under your killing clothes
Get over here, I wanna kiss your skinny throat
You're a wasp nest
Sometimes you get up and bake a cake or something
Sometimes you stay in bed
Leave it all up in the air
Let them all have your neck
So worry not
All things are well
We'll be alright
We have our looks and perfume
Stay inside till somebody find us
I have your dreams and your teeth marks
And all my fingernails are painted
Break my arms around the one I love
And be forgiven by the time my lover comes
Turn the light out say goodnight
No thinking for a little while
Lets not try to figure out everything it wants
Whatever went away I'll get it over again, I'll get money, I'll get funny again
Walk away now and you're gonna start a war

IV
Falling out of touch with all my friends are something getting waisted
I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
Let me come over I can waist your time, I'm bored
You just walked away and I just watched you
What could I say
How close am I to losing you?

4 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

pronto, agora só no Optimus Alive com os Rage Against The Machine!!!

Anónimo disse...

Bora lá? O ambiente festivaleiro é bom para ouvir The National. Faltou o espaço para saltar na Aula Magna.

Anónimo disse...

=D

e quem e' que ontem levou com o concerto TODO DE NOVO quem foi eu =D

esta cereja fez questao de ouvir sei la quantas vezes as musicas que passaram la =D

adoro_te pah!

Rp disse...

Esgotou logo ... :(